Recent Posts

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hillsong's been blowin' my mind...

Hillsong has been the biggest blessing while living here in Sydney. Through Hillsong, God's given us great friends, a community of believers, and an amazing place to worship and learn some really awesome stuff from pretty incredible people. I love it! I feel really lucky to be able to spend 3 months of my life learning and growing there.
Robert Ferguson has taught twice so far while we have been here. Once on Sunday night and once at Powerhouse, which is the college night on Wednesdays. He is one of the best teachers/one of the smartest men I've ever heard speak from the pulpit. The first night we were here he spoke about how if we believe in the sovereignty of God, that there are no coincidences in life...only "God-incidences." It was a cool thing to hear right when we got here. It was reassuring to know that we are definitely here (in Australia) for a reason  and not just by chance. Robert had some of the CRAZIEST stories, which a lot of people would call "coincidences" but were really just ridiculously mapped out my Jesus!! It made me crave such incidences in my own life.
On Wednesday night he compared the Israelites journey to the promised land to our spiritual lives.  He made the comparisons by saying the blood has to be applied, the sea has to be crossed, faith has to be tested, and then you have to enter the land and enforce your victory. Of course, they all were followed by explanations, but it was one of the coolest comparisons I've ever heard. He left us with a few questions: Is your land settled? Is it spacious? Is it secure? Successful? Sustainable?

CLICK THIS> One of my MANY favs we have been singing at church




1 comments:

Kelly Johnson said...

yay for new posts and learning and hillsong!

i love you lots peeps!

love,
MOH

:)

Post a Comment