Recent Posts

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Interning

I'm interning at The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority. My department, among other things, designs and brands everything for two parts of Sydney: The Rocks and Darling Harbour. The Rocks is one of Sydney's most historic parts. It's very rustic and quaint with the cutest little shops, cafes, restaurants, and markets. It's filled with cobblestone walkways and beautiful old brick. Darling Harbour is known for its nightlife. It has the coolest restaurants and pubs. It also has the aquarium, the maritime museum, monorail, a mall, and the imax theater!


This is The Rocks. Great view of the bridge and the Opera House. I actually work down here. My building is behind those ones to the left! I go out by the harbour and eat my lunch everyday I'm at work.


Advertisement for Markets by Moonlight. They also do all of their own photography. I have learned a lot so far about how they set their shoots up and what type of lighting they use and stuff like that. They actually set one up in the office the other day and I got to stand in front of the camera and test the shots out before the lady came in that they had to photograph.

Right now, they are in the LONG process of re-branding The Rocks. Friday, i looked through their whole presentation and vision for what they want that to look like. The rest of the day he had me researching and working out type that may go with that new look. 



Aroma Festival. One of the events in the rocks. It's all about coffee and Tea. These banners are one of the many things my department would design for something like this. 

-This is actually the design team that I work with. One of the men at work was telling me how they set this up and made it happen. They also have a Marilyn Monroe version.


The Rocks Markets. Best food and cutest vendors! 


Christmas Tree of Chairs. The design department makes one out of something different every Christmas! This was last year's. 


Darling Harbour! So cool at night! 



Two advertisements for Darling Harbour. These arent the banners, theyre just screen shots from the website, but this is somewhat what they look like. The first day of work they had me coming up with concepts for a male character for these advertisements.


Poster for the Darling Harbour Fiesta. We actually went to this last week! We danced to some sweet remixed latin music!



Fiesta, fiesta. 





2 comments:

Kelly Johnson said...

you know, speaker actually showed me the marilyn monroe version a couple weeks ago as an idea he had for thinktank! that's so cool that you are working for them! sounds like it's awesome. good idea for them to have you working on type too. you type queen!

Unknown said...

well little lady... I see you are having the time of your life! I am so happy that you are enjoying this experience! I cant wait for you to come home and tell me about everything/bring me home some tim tams!!
-sa

Post a Comment